Saturday 7 February 2015

An action packed Saturday

Saturday is my favorite day of the week, as it usually allows me to adventure from dawn 'til dusk. This particular Saturday saw me exploring a lake for sunrise, which may turn out to be a new favorite location. Despite a cloudless sky, I found a fantastic lonely tree, which sat proudly in the shallows, and made for a nice subject.


After a glorious drive through Swaledale, a covering of cloud had amassed in the skies. This was no bad thing however, as I spent the early afternoon partaking in the Ingleton Waterfall Trail, one which I had not tried in my two years of living in North Yorkshire. Whenever there are waterfalls close by, it always provides an excuse for me to break out the 10 Stop filter and try some long exposures.



Following a great walk, and many waterfalls, I made hastily in an eastern direction to ensure that I was not late for the first steam train of the year, passing over the Ribblehead Viaduct. This was the second time I have been fortunate enough to witness this event, and it is such an atmospheric experience, I would recommend it to anyone, lover of trains or not.


As dusk drew in, there was still time for one more photo opportunity in the day. I had been considering a spin at Ivelet Bridge for a while now, and with a touch of cloud in the sky, fast encroaching darkness, and the help of a willing assistant, a glorious wire wool spin was captured over the bridge.


No comments:

Post a Comment